Raleigh, 27511, United States
We're looking for a creative, passionate, and detail-oriented User Experience Designer. Our ideal candidate is an overall design generalist and interaction design expert who is as comfortable hashing out big-picture workflow and strategy as they are prototyping detailed visual and interaction execution.
You'll work closely with a talented and growing design organization in a fast-paced environment to drive our experience strategy, envision elegant and seamless workflows, and deliver refined and engaging product experiences.
- Share best practices and industry UX design trends
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows to further improve user experience
- Understand the UX processes and methodologies and be the bridge between business requirements, user research, branding, visual design, and technology.
- Articulate intuitive interactions and workflows
- Effectively communicate interaction and design concepts
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
- Gather user needs via design research methods.
- Communicate learnings and requirements to business stakeholders.
- Create user flow diagrams, conceptual wireframes, storyboards, click-through prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to articulate on design direction for our cloud-based applications.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
- Create user tasks and conduct usability tests to evaluate concept directions.
- Effectively communicate design decisions to colleagues, cross-functional team members, and management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams that include Program Managers, Business Analysts, and Engineers to gain insight into project goals and feasibility.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in graphic design, HCI, UX, or equivalent experience
- 3-7 years of experience designing world-class UX with a strong portfolio of design work
- You have a great eye for design and obsess over UI design.
- You are a self-starter, work well with little oversight
- You are an expert of best practices for information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques .
- You have at least 5 years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications.
- You have strong time-management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- You have experience with UX design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users or domain experts.
- You have experience working with user data.
- Proficiency with leading design software such as Sketch, Invision and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of mobile design standards
- Excellent visual design skills, typography, layout, and color usage
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting to and evangelizing designs to cross-functional teams
- Experience working in an agile software development team
- Passion for interaction design - we are looking for someone who constantly analyzes and obsesses over other product’s experiences
- Curiosity about the way people think and human behavior